MAIN HOUSE—The Boulders Lake Waramaug
Click here to view The Gallery
Welcome to “The Boulders.” Nestled across from Lake Waramaug on 25 acres of beautiful landscaped and wooded property, this magnificent Washington and New Preston vacation home is the ultimate retreat for your next getaway with friends and family.
Built in 1895 by renowned architect Eric Rossiter, "The Boulders” Lake Waramaug exudes an elegance and historic charm only found in New England. This 13,000 square foot, 8 bedroom, 7.5 bath stone and shingle home is situated on an expansive, beautifully landscaped property, which is shared with the “Carriage House,” a separate 7 bedroom rental home.
In total, the property can comfortably accommodate family reunions and guests at local celebrations. Whether you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle of New York City or the crowds in the Hamptons, “The Boulders” offers everything you need to feel as relaxed as possible!
Inside The Boulders, you’ll find this recently (2015) renovated 8-bedroom, 7.5-bathroom residence to be impeccably decorated with tasteful furnishings, gorgeous hardwood floors, and multiple charming fireplaces, making the 13,000-square foot home feel very warm and inviting. From wireless internet access and cable TV and a gas grill on the spacious outdoor patio, this house comes with all the essential conveniences of home. You and your companions will find plenty of space to spread out and relax in privacy, as the spacious layout features multiple living spaces, a library, office, laundry, and media rooms, several large patios, as well as sleeping arrangements for 16 guests. After an unforgettable day on the lake, refuel with a meal prepared in the gourmet country kitchen, fully equipped with marble countertops and stainless steel appliances. Later, sip a nice glass of wine out on the screened porch while you admire the breathtaking landscape, lake views and sunsets.
One of the great features of this home is it's incredible outdoor space. You’ll be mere steps from Lake Waramaug, where you can swim,
kayak and fish, or simply relax on 500 feet of stunning waterfront. Plus, you’ll have access to a boathouse and 2 docks, providing easy water
For moments when you’d prefer land-based activities, enjoy hiking along wooded trails that begin directly behind the home, or bike 7-8 miles
around the lake. The kids will certainly love running around and playing on the home's large 2-acre yard.
When you’re not relishing in the home’s amazing amenities, you won’t have to venture far to experience the area’s best attractions! From
here, you’ll be only 25 minutes from skiing and several golf courses. If you’re in the mood for some retail therapy, browse local antique shops
before stopping for lunch at one of the area’s quaint delis and restaurants. Explore the area further by sightseeing in the nearby towns of New
Preston, Washington, Washington Depot, Kent and Litchfield. In addition, the house is conveniently located within 1 hour of Hartford, 2 hours
from New York City, and 2.5 hours from Boston. Whether you’re traveling to Connecticut for a special event or simply looking for a peaceful
lakeside getaway with loved ones or friends, this extraordinary Warren/Washington vacation estate leaves nothing to be desired!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen complete with 2 dishwashers, Wolf oven and grill, multiple fireplaces, 6 flat screen TVs, wireless internet access, in-unit laundry machines, kayaks, canoes, bicycles and much more.
- Perfect for family gatherings—this home is situated 100 yards from the “Carriage House” (VRBO/HomeAway listing #3921935), a second vacation home on the property
- 6 cottages are available for larger groups.
- Catering, a breakfast chef, extra cleaning and babysitting can be arranged for an additional charge.
- Master Bedroom: King-sized Bed and 2 ensuite bathrooms
- Bedroom 2: King-sized Bed and ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: King-sized Bed and ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: King-sized Bed and ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 5: 2 Twin-sized Beds
- Bedroom 6: 2 Twin-sized Beds
- Bedroom 7: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 8: Queen-sized Bed